Monday, December 7, 2009

WNFR first weekend is "In the Books"

Watch out boys! The feathers are gun’a fly. At the halfway point in this year’s finals and 70% of our modern-day ropers are out (of the average), as a result of their do-or-die style, the table is now set to their initial idea. For nothing but day-money I expect they’re roping right in their element. The writing is on the wall. I could be wrong, but I believe only four teams remain that have it figured out. Fourth in the avg. is around $30,000 which is equivalent to two go-rounds. Realizing they are the only ones holding a shot at the big money and all they have to do is catch, the solid teams will rope smart (let’s hope) while the rest go wild with their usual bloodshed ways. We’ll probably see a hyper-gun-slinging exhibit from here on out. Some runs will be spectacular, others will be embarrassing, but one thing’s for sure, it should definitely be entertaining.

The Lion.

1 comment:

  1. Email Comment received:

    The Lion.I read the blog, I do respect the men that call it like they see it. Lion you are right I have watched every round of the WNFR and maybe I am telling my age, but I think these young guns are just are going for broke. Every jackpot or USTRC roping I ever entered was one loop on each end so with that said if I had 10 head and 10 nights I just make sure to catch them all.(to be) 4.8 on 10 head is better than 4.0 on five but I am just a roper from back east. LION watch the boy from SC Luke Brown. He hasn’t won a round but he and Lecero have caught all four steers. Back to the young guns, maybe the world stage has blinded them and they think they need to set arena records, who knows.
    Again enjoy your opinions
    Take care,
    Bob webb

    ReplyDelete